DieselDialogue

10 ton Harvey deck over

Started by materthegreater71 replies

  1. materthegreaterSuper User#1

    Time for new decking. Also time to upgrade the flimsy crossmembers over the tires. I'm thinking channel laid flat will be better than the angle that's there now.

  2. Old DougSenior Member#2

    Low,strong or easy pick ONE.

  3. Tyler d4cSenior Member#3

    I think I'd use a piece of 2 inch 1/4 wall square tube there

  4. AllDodgeSenior Member#4

    I'm going to need to do the deck on my tag. Look forward to seeing yours

  5. materthegreaterSuper User#5

    Old Doug said: Low,strong or easy pick ONE. Click to expand... I don't understand what you're referring to.

  6. materthegreaterSuper User#6

    Tyler d4c said: I think I'd use a piece of 2 inch 1/4 wall square tube there Click to expand... No tubes! Anything that can hold moisture/dirt is a big no-no. It'll hold salty dirt and rust out in no time. I need to use something that is open on one side. I have some 5" channel that should work if I lay it flat.

  7. Old DougSenior Member#7

    materthegreater said: I don't understand what you're referring to. Click to expand... Good,fast,cheap or easy pick one.

  8. AllDodgeSenior Member#8

    Old Doug said: Good,fast,cheap or easy pick one. Click to expand... Sounds like a old commercial from the 70's, I'm always chasing rainbows, because I don't understand either

  9. Tyler d4cSenior Member#9

    materthegreater said: No tubes! Anything that can hold moisture/dirt is a big no-no. It'll hold salty dirt and rust out in no time. I need to use something that is open on one side. I have some 5" channel that should work if I lay it flat. Click to expand... Fill them with fluid film. If your really concerned about that use solid stock!

  10. materthegreaterSuper User#10

    Fluid film lasts about 10 minutes in the winter around here. I already have channel anyway

  11. Deere500aSenior Member#11

    Looks like it's ready for a thinned out coat of Rust-Oleum paint.

  12. materthegreaterSuper User#12

    Deere500a said: Looks like it's ready for a thinned out coat of Rust-Oleum paint. Click to expand... How's this

  13. The PeejNew Member#14

    Looks great! ready for another 20 years of service

  14. AllDodgeSenior Member#15

    Looks good, how did you fasten the decking ?

  15. materthegreaterSuper User#16

    AllDodge said: Looks good, how did you fasten the decking ? Click to expand... Trailer deck screws. Local trailer store wanted $2/ea for the screws, this place 18¢ each. Torx T40 Trailer Deck Screws in 5/16-18 2-1/2" Partially Threaded TrailerDecking.com provides pre-oiled torx T40 in 5/16-18 2-1/2" screws with thread-cutting tips for trailer floor fastening. www.trailerdecking.com

  16. Deere500aSenior Member#18

    Like last call she's pretty as long as it's dark out

  17. AllDodgeSenior Member#19

    materthegreater said: Trailer deck screws. Local trailer store wanted $2/ea for the screws, this place 18¢ each. Torx T40 Trailer Deck Screws in 5/16-18 2-1/2" Partially Threaded TrailerDecking.com provides pre-oiled torx T40 in 5/16-18 2-1/2" screws with thread-cutting tips for trailer floor fastening. www.trailerdecking.com Click to expand... Trying to figure how you found the original screw holes? Drill up from frame hole with smaller bit then screw down from top?

  18. materthegreaterSuper User#20

    AllDodge said: Trying to figure how you found the original screw holes? Drill up from frame hole with smaller bit then screw down from top? Click to expand... I just drilled new holes. The old screws came off with a 3 lb sledge

Reply