DieselDialogue

1969 580 fuel filters

Started by Bldinginspector35 replies

  1. BldinginspectorJunior Member#21

    I have 2 sick filters from OEM. But I cannot find the correct filter for the final stage with the rubber gaskets that fit??

  2. Deere500aSenior Member#23

    Case/Cummins filter# j930942 ?

  3. BldinginspectorJunior Member#25

    I don’t think so here is the picture of the assembly from an old case manual and mine is exactly that.

  4. Deere500aSenior Member#26

    Okay Alex lets go Wix 33165 for $500 the filter?

  5. BldinginspectorJunior Member#27

    Deere500a said: Okay Alex lets go Wix 33165 for $500 the filter? View attachment 361518 Click to expand... Filter is ok but once again for the forth time the seals do not fit!!!

  6. Deere500aSenior Member#28

    The flat o ring on 3165 is the style you need not the 3" round? You have a part # to find the o'ring needed.

  7. BldinginspectorJunior Member#29

    I have purchased four different filters. When you hold them up against on another they all measure the same? The problem is none of the gaskets seals actuall fit!!! With? I posted a pic of and old filter with the broken gasket.

  8. Deere500aSenior Member#30

    The right filter # will help ie not right just show

  9. TenwheelerJunior Member#31

    When I first saw the picture a 33166 came to mind that was a common Ford - Perkins filter that looks like that. Could someone have changed the base? Fixed one noone before me could get to run. The metal disc in the top of the filter had pulled out and was stuck in the filter base with the o - ring above. Check that.

  10. Deere500aSenior Member#32

    3165 was the old style 3166 is updated but wrong o'ring, it's a common diesel filter. McMaster-Carr McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day. www.mcmaster.com

  11. BldinginspectorJunior Member#33

    No same construction as new. I’m on my seventh filter / gasket set!! None of them work because all the gaskets are too small or too wide and thin.

  12. TinkererSenior Member#34

    Is the old"o" ring (gasket) stuck to the mounting assembly ? I have seen it happen and it is easy to not see it. Doubled up gaskets leak like a monsoon. Clamping that filter with a bolt and 2 gaskets -- that thing have been in the trash years ago. I would remove the entire assembly and get a newer version with spin on filters from a salvage yard. 580C comes to my mind.

  13. BldinginspectorJunior Member#35

    HarleyHappy said: Sounds like someone, in the last 60 years, may have changed the filter base. Click to expand... No same base as original. Same as Case 530 also.

  14. Deere500aSenior Member#36

    Tried Car quest #86511?

Reply