Welder Dave said: I don't think that should be too hard to find or figure out. Would think Continental would still have specs. for older engines. Click to expand... My Google fu is not working too well on this project.
50s Continental TD427 injection pump problem(s)
Started by M92PV4U40 replies
M92PV4UJunior Member#21 MarshallPowerGenSenior Member#22 M92PV4U said: I need to figure out the hp & torque requirements at 1800 rpm. Click to expand... What's the KW of the genset?
M92PV4UJunior Member#23 MarshallPowerGen said: What's the KW of the genset? Click to expand... 45.04 KW
M92PV4UJunior Member#24 I do have a line on a 366 Chevy truck engine which should have more than enough (almost double) the power required to turn this generator @ 1800.
Welder DaveExpert#25 You need a governor and a gas engine would cost a fortune in fuel.
M92PV4UJunior Member#26 Welder Dave said: You need a governor and a gas engine would cost a fortune in fuel. Click to expand... I would have to figure out a governor & all fuel is outrageous here. This thing only gets run for a few hours at a time.
Welder DaveExpert#27 I'd still use a diesel engine.
M92PV4UJunior Member#28 Welder Dave said: I'd still use a diesel engine. Click to expand... Big problem is, diesel engines are kinda banned here. I guess gasoline ones might be too.
Welder DaveExpert#29 Does that apply to older equipment with a period correct engine? I know some big outfits had to retrofit new emissions compliant engines but what about small part time or hobby users of equipment? Does it depend on how often you use it?
M92PV4UJunior Member#30 Welder Dave said: Does that apply to older equipment with a period correct engine? I know some big outfits had to retrofit new emissions compliant engines but what about small part time or hobby users of equipment? Does it depend on how often you use it? Click to expand... Yes. Afaik diesels are bad. Our main equipment is pre emissions with factory engines in factory configurations.
Welder DaveExpert#31 What if you happened to have a suitable older diesel engine to power it? It's different than if it was fairly new generator that came with an emissions compliant engine. Running on gas doesn't seem very efficient. Best case is you could parts and use the original engine.
M92PV4UJunior Member#32 Welder Dave said: What if you happened to have a suitable older diesel engine to power it? It's different than if it was fairly new generator that came with an emissions compliant engine. Running on gas doesn't seem very efficient. Best case is you could parts and use the original engine. Click to expand... I don't think that it is carb compliant as is and will not be without a '14 or newer power plant.
Welder DaveExpert#33 I don't know all the California rules for older diesel equipment but what do hobby users with old tractors and equipment do if they can't afford to buy new machines?
M92PV4UJunior Member#34 Welder Dave said: I don't know all the California rules for older diesel equipment but what do hobby users with old tractors and equipment do if they can't afford to buy new machines? Click to expand... I'm not sure what the rules are for hobby users or small operations.
Welder DaveExpert#35 Might be worth looking into. I thought I read something that if older machines are only used occasionally they can still be used. A back up generator seems to fit that description.
ToolslingerNew Member#36 Where does Cali stand on LP? I see a surprising number of sizeable LP units on CL and FB Marketplace, and the prices seem far more reasonable since not everyone can just come up with a big tank of LP to back them up. LP doesn't go bad sitting in the tank either.
M92PV4UJunior Member#37 Toolslinger said: Where does Cali stand on LP? I see a surprising number of sizeable LP units on CL and FB Marketplace, and the prices seem far more reasonable since not everyone can just come up with a big tank of LP to back them up. LP doesn't go bad sitting in the tank either. Click to expand...
ToolslingerNew Member#38 Timing is everything.
M92PV4UJunior Member#39 Other repaired shaft.
thepumpguyscSenior Member#40 What r u going to do about the seized head and rotor.?? U can tell what caused it to seize by the score mark around the rotor.. The pump manufacturer has made a list with pictures.. Good luck with the overhaul..