DieselDialogue

289D Drive motor speed sensor faults 2685-8

Started by flipz3421 replies

  1. flipz34Junior Member#21

    So I finally got my issue corrected. We had Cat send a tech out and after doing most of what I had already done, decided that either the platform harness or the cab harness was bad. We had our 279D back to the shop so I swapped the speed sensor from it to the left drive motor of the broke machine. Left speed sensor faults cleared. Got a new sensor from Cat and put it in the right drive motor and right side faults cleared. Put the spare sensor back into the 279D (where it originally came from when I replaced the final drive) and it faulted in about 15 ft. I have no idea what the odds are of having 3 bad sensors doing the exact same thing are but I feel like I have a better chance of winning the lottery. Thanks again to everyone that offered help on this.

  2. NigeLegend#22

    You certainly must have had more bad speed sensors kicking around than the average shop. Makes troubleshooting difficult when what you thought all along was good turns out to be bad.

Reply