Sorry that yoke on the end of the gas strut is not a serviceable part from Cat and I have no idea where you might find one. Maybe the only way would be to use the existing one from the other strut and have a machine shop make one. It's basically a piece of round bar with an internal thread welded to a piece of tube. How much that would cost I have no idea.
299D2 Caterpillar Lift Assist Spring gas Shock Support (Replacement) to Raise Cab
Started by uglyguy30 replies
NigeLegend#21 TRexDirtNew Member#22 Nige said: Sorry that yoke on the end of the gas strut is not a serviceable part from Cat and I have no idea where you might find one. Maybe the only way would be to use the existing one from the other strut and have a machine shop make one. It's basically a piece of round bar with an internal thread welded to a piece of tube. How much that would cost I have no idea. Click to expand... Yes I can see that from CATs website, but these struts aren't special, Ive used them in many different applications outside of heavy equipment and they all have threaded ends like that, surely someone, somewhere has it, ill just have to get measurements and search
HarleyHappySuper User#23 Nope, I was thinking the standard ball and socket type retainers. That just looks like a threaded T. Not something that hard to make. McMaster may have something like that. Or something else, check on Amazon.
southernman13Junior Member#24 I replaced the hood struts on our pc200 Komatsu With aftermarket. Much cheaper but didn’t last that long. Maybe 3/4 years idk. Anyway I just replaced again w oem. That hood is heavy and just so much easier and safer to just lift it And not prop it up lol. Actually just replaced the two on our 97-2 Kubota. Only one was bad. I didn’t know till I replaced it and it worked fine. I already had both so I changed both of them and now have a spare. I couldn’t hardly raise the door I had to put the latch out and let it rest on something else about 1// way up to get in and out. Anyway gotem from bota they were said to be updates and stronger. Like 109. Ea
TRexDirtNew Member#25 After further review, it looks like the actual part I need is 487-2952 this shows the correct threaded T end, and I agree for $240ish from CAT (not horrible) I can replace this spring which might be my route, just sucks because the spring is fine, just missing the end
NigeLegend#26 There are two different Part Numbers for the gas strut depending on whether the machine has an open cab or is equipped with a door and windows. The second option is heavier and uses a more powerful gas strut compared to the open cab version.
MichaelarjuneNew Member#27 Nige said: Item 21 on the attached. 418-5941, Spring - Gas. Strange that they are included in the Cab Door Gp when they are nothing to do with the door. The only thing I can think of is that the same strut may be used on another model as a gas strut to hold open a door. Click to expand... Does this also work for the 299D3XE year 2022?
NigeLegend#28 Post a machine Serial Number and I can take a look what options might be available for it.
MichaelarjuneNew Member#29 CAT0299DELB301293 Thanks nige you are the best god bless you my friend
NigeLegend#30 Michaelarjune said: LB301293 Click to expand... The listed Part Number for the gas strut for that Serial Number is 418-5941.
MichaelarjuneNew Member#31 OK, yes thank you so much. That is the one we got.