They bought it off ebay i believe because they dont make parts for that scraper is what i was told. I think its well passed the 30 day return policy
1995 John Deere 762B Scraper
Started by Anthony9330 replies
Anthony93Junior Member#21 Anthony93Junior Member#22 and roughly maybe an hour at most since it starts leaking right away. a little comes out while in neutral but over flows when brake is pressed. I need to figure out where all these components are and figure out where or how to buy them. Its an emergency is what they say.
Anthony93Junior Member#23 The bottom hose appears to be going up towards the bottom of the cab so ya everything must be hooked up right.
Diesel DaveSenior Member#24 Anthony93 said: That doesn’t sound good. This differential was a pain to locate and I wouldn’t know where it could be rebuilt. Any ideas? Click to expand... That Deere TeamMate II 1400 series differential was available in many different configurations and was used in all kinds of different Deere machines and some OEM applications. A Deere dealer or a good independent tech should have no trouble repairing that differential. Is there a model /serial tag attached (or on your sales invoice) ? , that will help determine the proper parts.
Anthony93Junior Member#25 I’ll have to gain access to that somehow. I don’t know why but I know we had to buy it from Africa I believe. It took months for it to show up
Diesel DaveSenior Member#26 Don’t sweat it if you have no info and or the serial tag is missing. Most of the major internal parts will have casting numbers which will help to determine what’s what.
Anthony93Junior Member#27 I’ll write all the ones down that I see. Hopefully I can find something useful on it so I can take it somewhere.
Diesel DaveSenior Member#28 When looking for part numbers during the repair , Search 762B at the Deere parts site https://partscatalog.deere.com . If all else fails search for PC2383 (TeamMate II ,1400 series axles) at the same site. What happened to the original differential that it required replacement ?
Anthony93Junior Member#29 They said that when one of our foremans was using he used a dozer to help push it to grab more at a greater depth. when he was doing that all i heard after that was that it was broken and needed replaced. they got it back here just fine and the only difference on that differential was the ports so they bought that and put it on. after installation it started leaking. thats where im confused. im not sure if it was leaking before or not. if not then whats causing it you know. thats why im here because i have questions that no one can answer. nobody here wants to do some research and figure it out but i do. once its broken and what they did didnt fix it they move on and there it stays
Diesel DaveSenior Member#30 During the repair, if you need any hard parts the original differential may be a good candidate for donor parts. If it is unclear what the original issue was, I think it would be worth checking out.
Anthony93Junior Member#31 yes i will definitely do that. thank you for all your help!