DieselDialogue

1995 John Deere 762B Scraper

Started by Anthony9330 replies

  1. Anthony93Junior Member#1

    Hey guys so I have a scraper that we recently put a new differential on and it’s constantly leaking from what I think is the breather? It’s a black knob that’s dead center of it and when you put it in 1st or reverse it leaks. But doesn’t in neutral. Why is that? The vin is T0762BX804008. Any advice or ideas would be gratefully. Even a way to possibly trouble shoot it. Maybe my coworker hooked up a line wrong? Thanks in advance

  2. Diesel DaveSenior Member#2

    I suspect the brake hose and the differential lock hose are crossed. Is the hydraulic tank oil level going down ?

  3. Anthony93Junior Member#3

    That’s exactly what’s going on. I’ve had to fill that tank and it drops after I put it In first or rev. It doesn’t do it right away but when it revs up is when it happens

  4. Diesel DaveSenior Member#4

    Anthony93 said: That’s exactly what’s going on. I’ve had to fill that tank and it drops after I put it In first or rev. It doesn’t do it right away but when it revs up is when it happens Click to expand... When you rev it up the axle pump is circulating the oil at a faster rate.

  5. Anthony93Junior Member#5

    How do you go about fixing something like that

  6. Diesel DaveSenior Member#6

    I assume the tag on the current axle starts with ROAG251 or PEAG251. Confirm the proper location of the diff lock hose and the brake hose .

  7. Anthony93Junior Member#7

    Ok I will check that thank you

  8. Anthony93Junior Member#8

    I have three hoses that are connected there

  9. Diesel DaveSenior Member#9

    Including the park brake ,I believe there should be (5) hoses in total connected to the differential. Park brake, brake, diff lock, axle filter inlet, oil cooler return. Follow the hose from the brake port, Does the hose end at the brake valve ?

  10. Anthony93Junior Member#10

    This is all I can see to where it’s going

  11. Anthony93Junior Member#12

    Where would the brake valve be unless that’s the valve in my pictures.

  12. Diesel DaveSenior Member#13

    Anthony93 said: Where would the brake valve be unless that’s the valve in my pictures. Click to expand... The brake valve is bolted to the bottom of the cab floor plate, the brake pedal pushes directly on the top of the brake valve. .

  13. Anthony93Junior Member#14

    How do I access this info in the future? So I checked it out. The top hole I have gear or transmission fluid, the middle is the hydraulic tank, and the bottom just has this white liquid coming out. I swapped the top two and when you press the brake real nasty fluid comes out and again continues to leak. I’m wondering if that bottom hose is the brake line

  14. Anthony93Junior Member#15

    There’s 3 lines in a row. On the old one it has two on one side and one on the other

  15. Diesel DaveSenior Member#16

    See the pic below. The top port (axle cooler return) ,could be on either side of the differential housing. The middle and bottom port functions are as marked. IF you find that the brake port hose is in fact connected to the brake valve then the brake piston seals and or the dual brake jumper tube are leaking internally allowing hydraulic system oil to overfill the differential housing creating the external leak from the differential housing top breather. .

  16. Anthony93Junior Member#17

    That doesn’t sound good. This differential was a pain to locate and I wouldn’t know where it could be rebuilt. Any ideas?

  17. Anthony93Junior Member#18

    I’m not at the machine but is it possible to access the brake system through the floor board? My parts guy quit and so I’m trying to figure this out on my own pretty much

  18. Diesel DaveSenior Member#19

    Anthony93 said: That doesn’t sound good. This differential was a pain to locate and I wouldn’t know where it could be rebuilt. Any ideas? Click to expand... No warranty from the supplier ? How many approximate hours would be on the differential since it was installed ?

  19. Diesel DaveSenior Member#20

    Anthony93 said: I’m not at the machine but is it possible to access the brake system through the floor board? Click to expand... No internal differential components are accessible through the floor board.

Reply