Check your motor mount isolators.
480e hydraulics
Started by kyaabo73 replies
Coy LancasterJunior Member#61 kyaaboJunior Member#62 Coy Lancaster said: Check your motor mount isolators. Click to expand... There is minimal visual movement I guess, nothing that could be measured.
HarleyHappySuper User#63 The front motor mounts on the 580’s were notorious for failing, due to oils and other stuff all around the motor mounts. Pretty inexpensive,if I remember correctly.
TinkererSenior Member#64 You won't see much, if any visual movement when the rubber bushing is worn out. The front one is usually completely gone when the vibration gets noticeable.
kyaaboJunior Member#65 Tinkerer said: You won't see much, if any visual movement when the rubber bushing is worn out. The front one is usually completely gone when the vibration gets noticeable. Click to expand... Thanks I will try to find them and place an order assuming 4 mounts total?
TinkererSenior Member#66 Not familiar wit a 480E. But most have 1 in the front and 2 in the back. I don't have access to a 480 parts book but it will show where they are. Back ones will likely be on the transmission or shuttle.
kyaaboJunior Member#67 installed new mounts, hydraulic sound is now the same regardless of engine rpm or load. Now when engaging the shuttle in F or R in 1st gear there is an audible whine from under the floor, gears 2 through 4 the whine goes away or when disconnecting the shuttle via loader button or floor switch when in 1st gear. For now unless on a significant hill I'll keep it in 2nd gear or higher.
Coy LancasterJunior Member#68 Stupid question here but I gotta ask have you checked gear oil level in transaxle?
kyaaboJunior Member#69 Coy Lancaster said: Stupid question here but I gotta ask have you checked gear oil level in transaxle? Click to expand... All fluids were changed and are properly filled
Coy LancasterJunior Member#70 Had to ask. Check input shaft in transaxle to see if there is any movement up and down or side to side.
kyaaboJunior Member#71 Coy Lancaster said: Had to ask. Check input shaft in transaxle to see if there is any movement up and down or side to side. Click to expand... without removing the driveshaft there was no movement when pulling/pushing on the yolk at the transaxle
Coy LancasterJunior Member#72 Well there goes my theory I was thinking the noise might be a bearing going bad.
Rocky38New Member#73 kyaabo said: At idle all i hear is engine noise. With the engine rpm @ 1500 the hydraulics are loud/whining at rest or during operation, at max rpm hydraulics quiet down significantly. Bucket controls seem to jump at any rpm while all other controls are smooth. Replaced hydraulic filter with no change, pump coupler seems good with no play. Any ideas? Backhoe was used very little for the last 20 years until I purchased it from a cemetery. Thanks for your assistance. Click to expand... Classic suction starvation. Pull the tank strainer and check for a collapsed suction hose. Bucket jump is likely air or a sticky spool. Sitting 20 years dries out seals.
kyaaboJunior Member#74 Rocky38 said: Classic suction starvation. Pull the tank strainer and check for a collapsed suction hose. Bucket jump is likely air or a sticky spool. Sitting 20 years dries out seals. Click to expand... Thanks for the reply, but the issue was resolved by replacing both of the hydraulic tank relief fittings