DieselDialogue

480e hydraulics

Started by kyaabo73 replies

  1. kyaaboJunior Member#41

    HarleyHappy said: Huh I was able to get in there from the side panel on my 580 SE with a 12” extender on one of my grease guns. Click to expand... can't even see the coupler from any angle on my 480e, counterweight seems to be in the way which doesn't make since if they wanted the operator to easily service the grease fitting on the coupler

  2. kyaaboJunior Member#42

    D94060 relief valve outlet - not available R15538 relief valve inlet - substitute to 361776A1 $155 D63543 filter - $68 Is there an updated part for D94060 or equivalent replacement? 361776A1 appears to combine the relieve valve and filter into one part for $155, is this correct? Thanks for your assistance.

  3. kyaaboJunior Member#44
    Ordered these, will see what happens both are cross-referenced grainger parts to the case part numbers My Products​ LDI INDUSTRIES Vent Plug: 20 micron Filter, Steel, 3/8", PTF, Relief or Filler Design Item # 1U577 Qty Web Price$16.61 / each Availability​ Expected to arrive Thu. Jun 11 Fri. Jun 12 . LDI INDUSTRIES Pressure/Vacuum Breather: 3/8", PTF, Air Exchange (PRV200 Series) Design, Steel Item # 1U585 Qty Web Price$50.57 / each Availability​ Expected to arrive Thu. Jun 11

    Fri. Jun 12 .

  4. kyaaboJunior Member#45

    Installed the check valves, hydraulics are smoother now, noise is still there however. Next item to check is the screen on the power shuttle. I changed the shuttle fluid when I got the hoe but I didn't know about the sump screen that is supposed to be serviced every 100 hours according to the owners manual. I doubt it's ever been cleaned at least according to the records that came with the machine. Pan gasket is on order and I'm going to try to save the brand new fluid I just put in and reuse it.

  5. alrmanJunior Member#46

    kyaabo said: I didn't know about the sump screen that is supposed to be serviced every 100 hours according to the owners manual. Click to expand... .... every 100 hrs is not viable...... The engine requires oil & filter change every 250hrs. Transmission oils & filters / screens would be every 1000hrs. Draining the shuttle oil & cleaning the screen twice to every engine oil service is just a print or reading mistake. Sorry, I just felt this needed some clarification.

  6. HarleyHappySuper User#47

    Crap, if it’s 100 hours, it’s either a misprint or I’m way behind!

  7. kyaaboJunior Member#48

    alrman said: .... every 100 hrs is not viable...... The engine requires oil & filter change every 250hrs. Transmission oils & filters / screens would be every 1000hrs. Draining the shuttle oil & cleaning the screen twice to every engine oil service is just a print or reading mistake. Sorry, I just felt this needed some clarification. Click to expand... I'll check next time I'm up at the cabin, 1000 hrs seems more reasonable, maybe a misprint or I read it too fast. I doubt the screen has ever been serviced according to the records I've got. I wonder how often that screen causes issue due to being clogged.

  8. HarleyHappySuper User#49

    I’m sure a few hundred people have bought the kits and tourqe converter to rebuild a Case shuttle, only to open it up and find everything okay except the screen is clogged. If you watch this decent video on rebuilding the shuttle, it shows the screen but unfortunately they don’t man up and explain that was the only problem with it. They keep rebuilding a shuttle and replacing parts that are still good.

  9. kyaaboJunior Member#50

    Pan and screen complely clean, so either the shuttle was rebuilt at some point or has been very well maintained. Owners manual says screen cleaning every 1000 hrs.

  10. kyaaboJunior Member#51

    Found hydraulic pump coupler grease fitting, also changed out hydraulic tank with new fluid approx 10 gallons worth. Old fluid looks a little dark but no sign of water contamination from what came out of the bottom of the tank.

  11. HarleyHappySuper User#52

    Did you take the counterweight, to get to the pump coupler zerk fitting?

  12. kyaaboJunior Member#53

    HarleyHappy said: Did you take the counterweight, to get to the pump coupler zerk fitting? Click to expand... No. I was able to find it by squeezing in between the radiator and engine accessories. Looked dry so gave it a good amount of grease.

  13. TinkererSenior Member#54

    I hope it was molybdenum grease not plain ole lithium grease. Case has recommended it for hydraulic pump couplings for along time.

  14. kyaaboJunior Member#55

    Tinkerer said: I hope it was molybdenum grease not plain ole lithium grease. Case has recommended it for hydraulic pump couplings for along time. Click to expand... Yes I use moly on all the fittings on the backhoe.

  15. kyaaboJunior Member#56

    Belt tensioner seems a little weak so that will be the next item to be replaced.

  16. kyaaboJunior Member#57

    Ran the hoe for 2.5 hrs today at the cabin. Hydraulic noise is still there. Seems to be slightly quieter when using the steering wheel? I know the power steering is run off of the hydraulics. Maybe a noisy pump from sitting. I guess I'll just run it until if fails (hopefully not too deep in the woods lol)

  17. kyaaboJunior Member#58

    Where would be a good place to put a pressure gauge to monitor the hydraulics?

  18. Coy LancasterJunior Member#59

    kyaabo said: Where would be a good place to put a pressure gauge to monitor the hydraulics? Click to expand... There should be a quick attach coupler on the inlet side of loader control valve. You can put pressure gauge there to check pressure. Now there is a flow control valve attached to frame underneath the machine. Here is a pic of the valve. Do you have a service manual? If you do you can find out how to adjust steering pressure in that valve. Oh BTW you can look up parts at www.mycnhstore.come

  19. kyaaboJunior Member#60

    This is now ridiculous. I set the rpm at 1500 and began to push pull on everything under the hoe without a change in the noise. Decided to push on the exhaust stack and with a bit of force the noise goes away! Just normal hydraulic/engine noise. Shut the engine off, took apart the muffler and stack... nothing loose inside or any of the clamps. Put the stack back on and pushed as I did when the engine was running. I can see the entire engine block move ever so slightly (not a lot of play)....could this indicate a misaligned pump? The hydraulic coupler looked like it hadn't been greased in forever until I greased it a few days back.

Reply