DieselDialogue

2019 cat 308

Started by Schroeder 6811 replies

  1. Schroeder 68New Member#1

    Hello I have a 2019 cat 308e2 cr it was running strong for awhile then it would bog clear down and die but it would fire back up I found stuff in the take so I pulled the tank cleaned it put all new filters on and I also put a new lift pump on it as well I got it all put back together and it still does it can anyone help me

  2. Simon CSuper User#2

    Post your serial number, did you cut open the fuel filter to see how much junk inside. Might have some elbows plugged up on filter housing. Did you try running the unit off of a jerry can of fuel. Any active or logged codes on display? Is tank breather working properly? Simon C

  3. Schroeder 68New Member#3

    I had a mechanic come out he said it needed deleted, so we had him delete it and it’s still doing the same thing he ran a cutout test and said cylinder 4 isn’t running the same as the others so he’s thinking it could be this injector he advised me to run injector cleaner, but it only does it after about 30 mins of running it I don’t want to throw a bunch of money into it without knowing it’ll fix it

  4. Schroeder 68New Member#4

    It has a new lid tank was taken off and cleaned we checked all the elbows and what not no codes it did the same thing off of the Jerry can

  5. Simon CSuper User#5

    On your Jerry can test was the returning fuel going back to the Jerry can or back to the tank. Not sure what kind of return valve is on that motor. Maybe Nige will see and have a fuel system breakdown for it. Simon C

  6. NigeLegend#6

    Simon C said: Maybe Nige will see and have a fuel system breakdown for it. Click to expand... Not without a Serial Number he can’t.

  7. Simon CSuper User#7

    Nige said: Not without a Serial Number he can’t. Click to expand... My first thought in Post #2. Wait and see.

  8. heymccallSenior Member#8

    Was the inline filter changed? 1G-7206

  9. Schroeder 68New Member#9

    CAT0308EJFJX13153 We changed two of the injectors 3 and 4 the mechanic said needed changed so we changed them started it it still had a bit of a rough idle which I figured was from not programming yet, it ran good for about 5 hours started to get low on fuel and starting doing it again, so we added fuel and it is back to doing the same thing, also I noticed that the antifreeze overflow is bubbling, no smoke or anything the temp gauge isn’t working either ever since he deleted it. This is a very frustrating machine I thought I had it fixed with the injectors but I guess not

  10. Schroeder 68New Member#10

    The return line was also ran into the Jerry can and yes we have replaced the filters injector 4 was pretty dirty like a sludge on it

  11. Schroeder 68New Member#11

    Simon C said: Post your serial number, did you cut open the fuel filter to see how much junk inside. Might have some elbows plugged up on filter housing. Did you try running the unit off of a jerry can of fuel. Any active or logged codes on display? Is tank breather working properly? Simon C Click to expand... No codes the inline filter was a little dirty so we replaced it also put a new lift pump on it

  12. HarleyHappySuper User#12

    Where are you getting your fuel from? Not knowing what was involved in the deletion, could the temperature gauge have any influence on the ECM or te running part?

Reply