DieselDialogue

1466 Koehring

Started by 95zIV62 replies

  1. gr79New Member#22

    gradall xl 4100 I had to throw this one in, on a long morning of picture taking. Maybe it too will be a classic someday... Was turning into my sub to call it a day when i spotted this one. The rest of the dirt road near my house was recently/finally blacktopped. I don't mind seeing my tax money going towards this stuff. They are finishing the details i guess. Was driving my 79 mustang-they liked the car and i thanked them for doing their part on the road, saving a lot of wear and tear on everyone's hide/ride.

  2. Clawed BacksterNew Member#23

    If I am not mistaken, the 1466 has a pair of 12V71 detroits for power. I don't know how much it weighs, but it must be close to 100 tons.

  3. tomcat1191New Member#24

    Gr79 you must live close to where I live. I think that 1266 I have seen around before just cant place it yet.

  4. Turbo21835New Member#25

    tomcat1191 said: Gr79 you must live close to where I live. I think that 1266 I have seen around before just cant place it yet. Click to expand... old halloway machine?

  5. gr79New Member#26

    wondered that too Turbo21835 said: old halloway machine? Click to expand... The hour meters may have told a story, but they are way in there. Machine is at a pit on W. Drahner Rd, west of N. Lapeer Rd (US-24). In Oxford, i guess. I live 35 miles sw of it. Never really go out that way.

  6. danhoeNew Member#27

    Holloway had 2, 1266's digging on I-696, those were sold at the auction a few years ago one was a parts machine, they went to the same person and went cheap, if I remember around $ 30,000.00. dan

  7. special toolNew Member#28

    "Power action geometry":lmao You know what that says? That says, "we'll keep up with the new Cat 200 series even if we have to have those bsers in marketing come up with bs words that we can rivet to the booms of these air-over-hydro clunkers"...... Say it isn't so.....go ahead.

  8. tomcat1191New Member#29

    Gr79 that's is an LDS machine. Probably all wore out from laying all the big pipe back in the day. And if you live 35 miles SW of 24 than you live close to me.

  9. MegadraughtNew Member#30

    Hey Clawed, that 1466 is going to weigh more than that. My friend's company has a 1978 1266D and it tips the scales at 126 tons.

  10. jetxssNew Member#32

    Cat 328d lcr said: It's sold to Canada already Click to expand... Thank you sir it is still much appreciated I love these machines and don't want to see them go to the scrap yard to many half. If you or any of your friends ever run into a 866 1066 1166 1266 or 1466 please let me know

  11. jetxssNew Member#33

    gr79 said: bucket, etc Click to expand... Hello sir I'm interested in these machines I would like to try to purchase them so if you had any additional contact info for the owners it would be much appreciated I don't want to see them go to the scrap yard

  12. purerocklandscaNew Member#35

    gotta love those old detroits screaming need more old koering videos thats for sure Tony said: Cat 328, YES!!! PLEASE post the picture(s)! EE Cruz used to hire us to disassemble that 1466 when they were doing a deep sewer cut job in Queens around 2000. That machine was a sight to see, sitting in the middle of Bell Blvd. Their 1166E was on the job as well. I knew they had sold it, but I thought it went to Texas. I'm pretty sure they replaced it with a Komatsu PC1100LC-6 from Binder. I could be wrong, as this was a few years ago. Please post the 1466 pics. Thanks, Tony Click to expand...

  13. 245dlcSenior Member#36

    purerocklandsca said: need more old koering videos thats for sure Click to expand... Here's a few I found on youtube: YouTube - KOEHRING 1066E tearing up asphalt YouTube - KOEHRING 1066E pulling out trench box YouTube - KOEHRING 1066E backfilling trench YouTube - don campbell models 9 Koehring 10 yd. excavator YouTube - don campbell models 4 Koehring digging dirt

  14. jbsejohnw1New Member#37

    tomcat , i 'm new in the forum and joined to get because i'm a koehring fan arethose machines still around to be seen , can't by and restore them all so i take pictures of all i see , i would like to restore a 466e if i could find one i fair shape

  15. Andre GrondinNew Member#38

    one other Koehringniac is RENAUD on this forum , he's a new member and a friend of mine !!!

  16. jbsejohnw1New Member#39

    thanks for the information , nice to know i'm not the only interested in the history of these orange giants, koehringniac ? i like that, now i know whats wrong with me

  17. KoehringmanNew Member#40

    jbsejohnw1 said: tomcat , i 'm new in the forum and joined to get because i'm a koehring fan arethose machines still around to be seen , can't by and restore them all so i take pictures of all i see , i would like to restore a 466e if i could find one i fair shape Click to expand... Hi JB. I have a 466D that I restored. You may have seen the thread I put on the forum for this. I have a 455 also. There is some youtube footage. Type in Zagray farm.

Reply