DieselDialogue

'93 hitachi EX50 URG

Started by rush77 replies

  1. ptsm629New Member#61

    rush said: Charlie I have been digging like crazy since I put it all back together. The swing is nice and tight - like it was when it was new. I have been stumping with it for about a week and am going to start digging a foundation next week. The new planetary gears are so precise and tight that during the winter i wasn't able to swing all the way around- it would only go about 90 degrees to either side and then wasn't able to go any more. I am assuming it was because the ring gear shrunk do to freezing temps and there wasn't enough lash in the gears to allow it go. But before winter it worked fine, and now that it has warmed up above freezing(mostly) it works fine again. I think with a little wear on those gears, this issue should go away. Its not really a big deal for me anyway, since I don't really use it much in the deep winter. Charlie, I can't thank you enough for sending along the manual for the swing device, there is no way I would have ever been able to get the part numbers for the bearings, seals, and gaskets at the bottom without it. Thanks to you I am back in business - thanks again. Happy diggin' Rush Click to expand... Does anyone here know where to get swing drive unit assy (hydraulic motor + gear reducer + pinion) for ex50urg?

  2. captain charlieJunior Member#62

    Hi ptsm629 First off welcome to Heavy Equipment. You will find it very informative and useful not only with your troubles, you can share with others your experiences. So what happened with your original hydro and swing unit? These parts are not easy to find at times. and I would hang on to them all if you find new ones. If you look back at some of the threads there in some useful information about sungears and such. OK, take care I email you sometime! Charlie S.

  3. snider7New Member#63

    captain charlie said: ex50urg The serial number is 10E – 02386 i think its a 92' judging by the other serial numbers i have come across. That machine looks a little newer, the one i have looks a little boxier. Tahnks charlie Click to expand... I have the same machine and serial number Any chance you care to share any and all manuals you've collected

  4. bp rockfinderNew Member#64

    junkman-ca said: I have a parts manual for our 50 urg and there is no breakdown of internal parts only a part # for the whole unit which is 4243574 Click to expand... Hi. Hope you are still out there! I need help with a parts manual for my ex50urg. Can you help?

  5. bp rockfinderNew Member#65

    -3Doc said: I have all the manuals on CD for the EX 50u if this is the same. Here is a break down of the swing from the manual. :canada Click to expand... Can you help me with an ex50 urg manual? Thanks, Brian

  6. bp rockfinderNew Member#66

    snider7 said: I have the same machine and serial number Any chance you care to share any and all manuals you've collected Click to expand... did you find any manuals for your ex50urg? Brian

  7. bp rockfinderNew Member#67

    captain charlie said: i have a copy of the parts book for the ex 50 urg. it looks fairly in-depth. One question though the button on the left control stick is that the horn button. regards charlie Click to expand...

  8. bp rockfinderNew Member#68

    Im looking for a parts manual for the ex50urg. Do you still have one? Brian

  9. Wesh_blacksmithNew Member#69

    Hello to all on the forum - I'm new here so hope you don't mind me dropping by. I am looking for any information that will help me service and maintain an EX50 URG - it's a tired old girl but has life left and I would very much appreciate any help with service/owners manuals that the group may have access to as I have none, or kindly point me to where I could find them ( I find the internet a bit bewildering and difficult to find honest sources) I seem to have a knack of collecting old but worthy machinery (I have a wonderful CASE 580G) which just keeps on going and would like to make sure that the two of them get to spend as much time together as possible! I appreciate it's a big ask but if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help at all. Diolch (that's Welsh for thank you if you were wondering)

  10. dadanddaughterexcavationNew Member#70

    Nortrax dealer. thats where I got a center joint for my old ex75ur around same age. I was able to also purchase a parts manual from nortrax too. I got operators manual off ebay. Best of luck!!!!

  11. Wesh_blacksmithNew Member#71

    dadanddaughterexcavation said: Nortrax dealer. thats where I got a center joint for my old ex75ur around same age. I was able to also purchase a parts manual from nortrax too. I got operators manual off ebay. Best of luck!!!! Click to expand... Thank you for finding time to reply, its very much appreciated. I will certainly take a look at ebay as you suggest and maybe I will come up lucky! I had a look at the Nortrax site which is a bit far from me here in Wales and the knowledge that John Deere is part of the group is useful, I will have a go at contacting them here in UK and see if they also could provide support. Thank you once again - that was real helpful.

  12. Mike900sssNew Member#72

    Hello, I know this an an old thread and the question is a little off topic but would any of you folks know the lifting eye size for the old gal? I have an oil leak that needs the counterweight off to locate/repair. Thanks, Mike

  13. Wesh_blacksmithNew Member#73

    Trying to post an EX50 UR owners manual 17MB - original and direct from Hitachi UK. reply to this or if there is a space here in the forum for manuals then can a MOD please get back to me and Ill send it across.

  14. Arichat NSNew Member#74

    captain charlie said: Hi ptsm629 First off welcome to Heavy Equipment. You will find it very informative and useful not only with your troubles, you can share with others your experiences. So what happened with your original hydro and swing unit? These parts are not easy to find at times. and I would hang on to them all if you find new ones. If you look back at some of the threads there in some useful information about sungears and such. OK, take care I email you sometime! Charlie S. Click to expand... Hello, first time user here so please have patience with me. I recently purchased a Hitachi EX50URG. Machine works good with exception of swing device was removed when I purchased it. A few parts are missing. Could anyone give me advise on where I could find any manuals?

  15. Arichat NSNew Member#75

    I am, just getting into this machine so not exactly sure what I need yet but yes i would be interested.

  16. Universal PartsNew Member#76

    I have planetary gears for these rotary reducers; please contact me if you need them.

  17. Arichat NSNew Member#77

    Would i be able to get your email, Still looking for swing gear parts.

Reply