anyone know where to get parts for the swing device for this old machine? I took apart the swing device to find some ground up planetary and sun gears. Here are some pics... Haven't had any luck so far from the local Deere dealer..:beatsme.. I wonder if this machine uses the same swing device as some other models? Does anyone have a book?
'93 hitachi EX50 URG
Started by rush77 replies
rushJunior Member#1 garierescoNew Member#2 Wow...too bad Man...your most definately in a bind...that stuff is wore.
SouthOnBeachNew Member#3 We have the same machine. I'm not sure if any other machines use the same motor... BUT... I think Dad does have a copy of the parts book for it. I could possible scan those pages and email them to you. We've found if you have part # you can get parts. Never been able to find a repair manual for it.:beatsme
-3DocNew Member#4 I have all the manuals on CD for the EX 50u if this is the same. Here is a break down of the swing from the manual. :canada
rushJunior Member#5 Thanks for the reply -3Doc. Are there any chance there are part numbers for any of the parts for this swing device. Is there any chance I can get a copy of the CD you have? Thanks again
rushJunior Member#6 Thanks for the reply South on the Beach. Does your book have the parts breakdown for the swing device. I would appreciate any documentation I can get. Thanks again.
-3DocNew Member#7 My manuals are the repair and tech manuals and operators manual, they don't have part numbers, that is in the parts manual only. PM me and we will talk about getting you some manuals.
junkman-caNew Member#8 I have a parts manual for our 50 urg and there is no breakdown of internal parts only a part # for the whole unit which is 4243574
SouthOnBeachNew Member#9 I sent you an email to you with a pdf of the break down to the swing motor of an EX50 URG.
rushJunior Member#10 Thanks for all your help guys with the part numbers and drawings. This seems to be another dead end though. It turns out even the parts breakdown for the swing motor doesn't list a part number for the actual planetary gears. It only list the part number of the carrier assembly that includes the planet gears and doesn't give any more breakdown of the sub-assembly. I tried at two different Deere dealers and no one can cross reference the part (carrier) to anything they can get their hands on. The sun gear itself has a part number as does the ring gear, but of course they don't even come up as a good/current part number at the dealer. Its starting to look like I will have get the gears made if I am ever going to run this machine again. One gear maker quoted $4k for a sun and 4 planet gears.Will keep you posted as things unfold.
-3DocNew Member#11 Have you tried Leemar Manufacturing for used parts? They are an Hitachi wrecker in our area. 250-248-2611 ask for Joe.
captain charlieJunior Member#12 ex50 urg manual -3Doc said: I have all the manuals on CD for the EX 50u if this is the same. Here is a break down of the swing from the manual. :canada Click to expand... hi, is it possible to buy a copy of your manual from you i have purchased a ex50 urg and have only been able to locate a parts book. if you care to email me at [email protected] i'm in gibsons. Thanks for your time charlie
captain charlieJunior Member#13 i have a copy of the parts book for the ex 50 urg. it looks fairly in-depth. One question though the button on the left control stick is that the horn button. regards charlie
-3DocNew Member#14 Yes it is the horn button, here is the page from the operators manual.
captain charlieJunior Member#15 thanks -3D little different control system in the picture i think the machine i have is a 1992.it has the pillars forward, i had to re-connect the horn and change the fuss. I found a little piece of history (recent) from the richie brothers website, lists a lot of these machines which were sold through richies all over the place. A welder friend of mine attached a thumb and checked out the machine says its in good shape and no cracks at all. He said the weld job is one of the better ones hes seen. i went through Wajax for filters (5) not to bad of a price i think. There is one filter, a hydro filter at the bottom of the tank which is washable. Is it a chore to clean this one. i still haven't managed to locate any manuals and one body seems to know much about it . ok thanks for your time charlie
-3DocNew Member#16 What is the serial # for your machine. I may have the correct operators manual.
-3DocNew Member#17 Does this look like yours?
captain charlieJunior Member#18 ex50urg -3Doc said: What is the serial # for your machine. I may have the correct operators manual. Click to expand... The serial number is 10E – 02386 i think its a 92' judging by the other serial numbers i have come across. That machine looks a little newer, the one i have looks a little boxier. Tahnks charlie
demonthonesNew Member#19 howdy.. just new here thanks...can you explain what precipitated the need remove the gears and motor..i just happen to be working on the same machine yesterday trying to figure out where to add gear oil.. is it the flush plug with the hex key ...the..i think that i was running dryfor along time..what was your experience as your machine failed.. thanks for anything..cheers
rushJunior Member#20 Mine was so stripped out that it could barely turn itself around. You know it when they strip out.....