Looking to buy a 2d grade control system for my excavator - wondered if anyone had experience/recommendation? Look forward to hearing from you. Graham
2d excavator grade control systems
Started by Graham116 replies
Graham1New Member#1 techamronyNew Member#2 Hey Man, The best one i found was the GCS900 2D Grade Control System. I'm pretty sure that it will be a good fit. My buddy had it and he said it worked like a charm. Hope this helps Steve Sterling http://www.motioncontrolguide.com/ Motion Control Expert
Chad@SitechTRJunior Member#3 Trimble offers the GCS Flex system that works really well. And it can be upgraded to 3D if you ever decide to go that route
IDIGBESTJunior Member#4 Try out our IDigBest system. it light years ahead of all the rest. I will garnet it. www.idigbest.com
LiecaManNew Member#5 I am not a Lieca salesman lol but run an excavator with a Lieca system works great , it's hard wired and it keeps up with the bucket better than a wireless system we had in the past , the 2 Lieca systems we have are very reliable and customer support has been great
ExcaVision IncNew Member#6 You should take a look at ExcaVision. It´s easy to install and operate, no professional installation needed. You can use it on excavators, bulldozers, drills/augers, etc... Move it from one machine to another within minutes. www.ExcaVision.com
IDIGBESTJunior Member#7 Dig systems are a very important part of excavator power and efficiencies. Is what people don't no when buying a system.
- the newest tecnolagys are multiple gyros in sensors
- wireless system are very slow. Topcon and Trimble are discontinuing sales of them
- wireless systems can't run gyoros.
- wireless can't run in the water.
- wireless can't be protected with weld on covers and must be removed to charge
- if there is no light indicator on the dipper stick. Operator will have very tired eyes refocusing during grade digging between screen in cab and bucket
- there is only one system built by an excavator operator out there. And your talking to him
- with some wired system like IdigBest operator can move screen to 10 did rent excavators 9 bucket each
- we do reverse bucket, tilt blades, hammers, compactors, Crain jib, tile plows
- wireless systems cans do Exstenda-hoes. No one can but Idigbest
- Gradall only works with Idigbest
- x-ray vision only on IdigBest is the most effective and safe to dig utility's.
- auto grade with crumb free smooth cuts save time money and minerals
- we give 7 dY per week Suport!
- we sell system to automate all competitors dig indicate systems!
- all system harnesses come with gps plugs for upgrade [email protected]
- hydrelich machine control take hug stress off operator. Giving him time to concentrate on job efficiency!
- wired system will out last the machine.
- it's hard to beat a 300 gees sensor for reliability. And durability
- Accuracy of all systems is limited by axis measured by sensors we use 7 most system us 3-4. Make sure you check how many the system uses before buying. This is big limiter
- profiling is on very few systems. Make sure you get it. Profiling make a 2D system into a 3D system!
- sales men that are not real excavator operators will never no or be able to understand what excavator system you really need
- good system work on jack hammers. Wirles can't and only triple gyro sensors can!
- screens are very important to be water resistant and military spec. Ask to what you are buying!
- only IdigBest let you put your actual bucket shape in the system!
- does the system display duper stick. Big help in lots of tire digging.
- can you get free updates for the life of your system. Will it grow with you and tecnolagys.
- make sure your system can us bench mark on job site. So all your grade are reading the same as the plans! These are a few things to look for when shopping for a system
Chad@SitechTRJunior Member#8 ScottARJunior Member#9 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWDG9zLWOLI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHog4SUabMY I don't sell any of this stuff and have not used any but this guy seems to love his. I must say I am impressed.
ScottARJunior Member#10 Since I'm a curious sort... What would a fella expect to pay (ballpark) for the system in the videos?
Chad@SitechTRJunior Member#11 The GCS Flex system is around $10,000-$12,000. http://sitech-arkansas.com/st_locations.html Call and try to talk to Brian Tinnel at Sitech Arkansas. He will take care of you since you are in Arkansas.
ScottARJunior Member#12 Better than I thought... Thanks for the info!
roddyoJunior Member#13 I've got a brand new excavision still in the box. I took it off halfway through the first job.....to keep from getting ran off
ScottARJunior Member#14 I guess it had issues? Welcome back...
roddyoJunior Member#15 It does what it's supposed to.....but too slow for ag work. I still read a lot but don't post as much. With college about to start, I wonder how long the road signs will last at Dixie?
ScottARJunior Member#16 Not long...
roddyoJunior Member#17 ScottAR said: Not long... Click to expand... Lol