DieselDialogue

627E "6EB00484" Transmission isn't shifting correctly

Started by joelmartin10 replies

  1. joelmartinNew Member#1

    Got a 627E with rear scraper number 6EB00479. The neutral switch warning light won't go out, and I'm getting codes 168 F01, 700 F02, and 700 F07. The operator says the rear scraper isn't responding like it should. I'm still getting up to speed with these machines, so not sure where to start troubleshooting this. There's also something off with the foot throttle rod beside the engine—that 8-inch section with the two adjustable joints won't move, and the front part looks stretched out. I can get you a picture if it helps.

  2. NigeLegend#2

    Do you have the serial number on the front tractor?

  3. joelmartinNew Member#3

    Yeah, sorry—it's 6EB00484.

  4. NigeLegend#4

    Sounds right. I think there might be a typo in one of those numbers though. 6EB00484 for the tractor checks out—that's from August 1986. The scraper should have a different S/N prefix anyway. Is the scraper number actually 6FB00479 instead of 6EB?

  5. joelmartinNew Member#5

    I've attached a photo of the plate. Yeah, it looks pretty worn to me too.

  6. joelmartinNew Member#6

    I've attached a photo of that plate, and I think you might be right.

  7. joelmartinNew Member#7

    Can't get the picture to upload.

  8. NigeLegend#8

    That might be a file format issue. Try the paperclip icon below the text box—it should take jpeg images.

  9. joelmartinNew Member#9

    I took a closer look at it and the only part that's unclear is the "F". You're right though—I just added another machine to SIS and I can see E is for the tractor and F is for the wagon. So the rear serial number should be 6FB00479.

  10. NigeLegend#10

    You're going to want an electrical schematic to work with. That's exactly why getting both serial numbers mattered for figuring out which one applies to your machine. Check your inbox.

    I'd start by troubleshooting the 168 F01 code first since it's pointing to low system voltage. The EPTC-II transmission control won't work right if the voltage drops too far below what it should be.

    After that, move on to those two CID 700 codes. Both of those are about how the EPTC-II itself is performing.

  11. greasynailsNew Member#11

    Sounds like you're out of sync. Is there a second control box mounted on the rear underneath the hood, closer to the front of the machine? It should have 3 rows of green LEDs on it. Can you get a photo of what those LEDs are showing when that red light comes on in the cab?

Reply