DieselDialogue

621 b slow steering

Started by precision dirt20 replies

  1. precision dirtNew Member#21

    Nige said: Did you ever get a solution for this issue.? Click to expand... Yes, sorry I should have updated but was pulled away from project for a bit. Valves were all checked for travel and free movement. Did have a short throw one direction at valve but if I disconnected linkage from steering box output shaft I could freely get full travel at valve meaning something is stiff between steering box and valve. After pulling shim assembly from steering box and checking for stiffness I noticed box would bind and then pop loose once enough pressure was held against steering wheel. Found bearing mount for steering box output shaft that goes through cab wall and is inside engine bay was seized. Replaced that and all is well. I much appreciate everyones help on this.

Reply