DieselDialogue

2005 International 4300 Electrical gremlin

Started by Bearhead22 replies

  1. BearheadNew Member#21

    I pulled the loom out for the BCM and ABS, found one chafe through on connector, not sure if it was shorting. Repaired that and a few other areas. Waiting on split loom to arrive before I reinstall. Hope is what we have

  2. Welder DaveExpert#22

    I'm curious how they mass produce wiring harnesses? Must have jigs and specialized machines. Can't imagine trying to manually recreate a harness.

  3. BearheadNew Member#23

    A bit of a delayed feedback, I got the truck running shortly after our threads and its been running 100%. I had replaced all x3 batteries and all the main power cables and grounds/connectors. All codes are gone etc. The chafes in the engine harness I repaired as well. The dealer came out again and quoted $9k to replace various harnesses etc and did not guarantee a fix. I'm in it for under $1000 and that includes the x3 new group 31's. Thanks belatedly for all the help.

Reply