Hi everyone, I’m working on a 1999 CAT 301.5 mini excavator (Open Canopy model) that has been sitting unused for about 3 years. I am trying to restore hydraulic pilot/joystick function. Here is what I have confirmed and tested so far: Pilot Pump Pressure: Tested at the pump port and confirmed a healthy 500 PSI. Electrical Interlock Circuit: 12V DC is reaching the hydraulic lockout solenoid under the floorboards when both safety console levers are lowered. The solenoid coil produces an audible click. Current Issue: Disconnected the inlet hose feeding into the lockout solenoid under the floorboards and idled the engine—there is virtually no oil reaching the inlet hose (just a slight dribble), so the restriction is definitely upstream of the floorboard solenoid block. Layout Notes: This machine has the two-block layout: the primary accumulator block is located in the rear, and the secondary solenoid block (housing the hydraulic lockout solenoid and 2-speed travel solenoid) is located under the floorboards. Questions for the forum:
- Since there is no oil reaching the lockout solenoid inlet, is it almost certainly a seized check valve or a stuck pilot relief valve inside the rear accumulator block?
- Has anyone found a way to access, remove, or flush the check valve or pilot relief valve in the rear block without having to completely tip or remove the cab/canopy structure?
- Are there any clever tricks or inspection ports to flush that rear manifold block in place before I commit to pulling major body panels or the canopy off? Thanks in advance for any insights or experience you can share!