DieselDialogue

2001 Cat 302.5 Excavator pattern selector

Started by Mikeusnavy200115 replies

  1. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#1

    Can anyone tell me where the pattern changer is for a 2001 Cat 302.5 Excavator? It is set to JohnDeere controls and I would like to switch it back.

  2. NigeLegend#2

    Post a machie Serial Number please. Be aware the pattern chager is an attachment (optional extra) and may not be fitted to your machine.

  3. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#4

    Nige said: Post a machie Serial Number please. Be aware the pattern chager is an attachment (optional extra) and may not be fitted to your machine. Click to expand... I don’t think it has the option. Do you have a schematic of how to change the hoses?

  4. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#5

    Mikeusnavy2001 said: I don’t think it has the option. Do you have a schematic of how to change the hoses? Click to expand... The vin is 4AZO1454

  5. CmarkSenior Member#6

    If there is one, it will be here: Accessed through the floor, i believe.

  6. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#7

    Cmark said: If there is one, it will be here: Accessed through the floor, i believe. View attachment 352424 Click to expand... Thanks but unfortunately it’s not there.

  7. NigeLegend#8

    Mikeusnavy2001 said: The vin is 4AZO1454 Click to expand... Do the pilot hydraulic lines on your machine have coloured rings on each hose at the ends, either at the end underneath the joysticks or at the control valve end, or preferably both.?

  8. NigeLegend#10

    The attached may help somewhat. The two marked hoses will be pilot oil supply and return, the other four on each joystick will be a pair for each function that the joystick operates. Take a look under each pilot valve and you will in all probability find that the ports are marked. I may be able to tie up those markings to the functions they serve. They could be nothing more complicated than "1", "2", "3", & "4". In short it's a case of swapping hoses at the pilot valves because on the main control valve I think that the differeing lengths of the hoses are going to work against you.

  9. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#11

    Nige said: The attached may help somewhat. The two marked hoses will be pilot oil supply and return, the other four on each joystick will be a pair for each function that the joystick operates. Take a look under each pilot valve and you will in all probability find that the ports are marked. I may be able to tie up those markings to the functions they serve. They could be nothing more complicated than "1", "2", "3", & "4". In short it's a case of swapping hoses at the pilot valves because on the main control valve I think that the differeing lengths of the hoses are going to work against you. Click to expand... Thank you. I will reply back with what I found.

  10. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#12

    Nige said: View attachment IMG_2661.jpeg Do the pilot hydraulic lines on your machine have coloured rings on each hose at the ends, either at the end underneath the joysticks or at the control valve end, or preferably both.? Click to expand... No colored rings.

  11. NigeLegend#13

    Mikeusnavy2001 said: No colored rings. Click to expand... That's a shame. I have a drawing that shows which hoses to swap to convert any control pattern to any other based on the colours marked on the hoses. Unfortunately you will have to figure it out from first principles based on the information supplied above.

  12. Mikeusnavy2001New Member#14

    We ended up moving the hoses around and now it’s back to Cat controls. Thanks for the tips everyone.

  13. KenMacNew Member#15

    This makes one really appreciate the switch over valve!

  14. ShinnlingerNew Member#16

    Mikeusnavy2001 said: We ended up moving the hoses around and now it’s back to Cat controls. Thanks for the tips everyone. Click to expand... Any pictures or schematic of what you did. I have the same machine but want the Deere controls. Was it a PITA or relatively easy?

Reply