Got a 941B that's been sitting for about 5 years. Fired it up last week to put it up for sale and found it's leaking trans oil from somewhere I can't pin down. There's the usual cylinder leaks, but this one's different.
I don't have a manual for it, so I'm trying to figure this out without dropping money on one since the machine won't be staying anyway. From what I can tell, the converter runs separate from the trans? There's a dipstick and fill under the footplate and another one under the seat. The footplate one's dropping low. I'm thinking one of them goes to the converter and the other to the trans?
It's leaking whether it's sitting or running. Seems like a decent amount, but it's still showing on the dipstick from when I topped it off a week ago.
The belly plates haven't been off in forever, so I'm wondering if maybe a line's corroded through. I'm guessing the converter would run to some kind of cooler?
I'm trying to keep the work minimal since I don't have the time to get into this deep, and I really don't want it turning into a "while I'm at it" situation where I'm still tearing into it two weeks later. Don't figure I'd get my time and materials back anyway.