Looking to swap out the halogen lights on my 2024 John Deere 620 GP with LEDs. Need about 12 of them and want to avoid paying dealer prices. Anyone know where I can find aftermarket options that'll work?
2024 620 GP, John Deere motor grader LED lights
Started by Grader544910 replies
Grader5449New Member#1 Joe HJunior Member#2 How many are you looking for?
Grader5449New Member#3 Do the aftermarket LEDs just plug straight in with the same connectors as the John Deere 620 GP?
Grader5449New Member#4 Do the aftermarket LEDs use the same connectors, or would I need to rewire everything to get them to work?
masterwelderJunior Member#5 Nordic Lights Ltd makes premium work and driving lights for heavy-duty vehicles across mining, construction, forestry, material handling and agriculture. My 057-5 came with these from the factory, and I've since ordered them direct from Nordic for my 321D. They're solid equipment at a reasonable price.
NigeLegend#6 Nordic is what most of the OEMs go with when they're putting in LED or HID lights.
Joe HJunior Member#7 I don't know what kind of terminals yours have—could be bare wire since there's tons of different connectors out there and every manufacturer seems to use something odd. If you want proper John Deere connectors, you're gonna end up paying more anyway.
Simon CSuper User#8 I did an excavator with Northern Lights LEDs for under $500 Canadian, and they came with Deutsch 2 pin ends. They've got different brightness options available and they come with a one year warranty.
smifwalSenior Member#9 I've been putting these lights on all my equipment—trucks, trailers, a skid, and my mini. Honestly, I just buy whatever brand has the cheapest price because I figure they're all coming out of the same factory anyway. I've had a set on my skid for about 10 years now with no issues.
Keep in mind none of these come with connections ready to go. I used my beacon wiring to hook lights up on the back of the mini. If you need to figure out the connector, take a picture of it and search on your phone—that usually does the trick. If you can't ID it that way, post the connector and I can help dig into it.
You might also want to look at light bars. They cost more, but you'd need fewer of them and they throw a steady beam with no dead spots. The individual lights are like can lights in a room—you have to space them right or you'll get shadows.
There's the Yexiya 12 Pack LED Pods 72w if you want to check that out.
Welder DaveExpert#10 I picked up some LED lights on sale at Princess Auto for my skid steer. They're similar to Harbor Freight stuff. They're white and really bright, but if you're clearing snow, they don't get hot enough to melt the snow that blows onto them.
UrbanengineerNew Member#11 The output for LED pods varies quite a bit. If you're measuring them, you'll want 100W or more to get brighter than what comes stock.