DieselDialogue

644k level 33ECU

Started by NathanG19959 replies

  1. NathanG1995New Member#1

    John Deere 644k level 33 ECM, throws ECU codes 001347.05 and 001348.05 after a few minutes of running and shut off. I’ve replaced both solenoids on top of the pump I’ve checked both wired to both valves back to the ecm both have perfect reading. Put through a harness test on service advisor and always throws these codes during that as well I’ve done all the tests per JD and only one test I’m a bit confused on JD states to check both wires for voltage and it should have less then .05 I have 5 volts on pin one of both solenoids key on engine off and I’ve checked it all the way back to ecm by removing pin 5 of the ecm and installing short wire into pin 5 and same results 5 volt not .05 is this a misprint by chance or is that what’s it’s supposed to have for voltage and have any of you had a similar issue? Thanks

  2. mg2361Senior Member#2

    Please provide the machine's serial number. There are multiple serial breaks, aftertreatment levels and engine choices. I am assuming an FT4 by the ECU level? Have all the checks in the procedure been done? Any cross shortages to any other wires? I think the 5 volts would be normal. The ECU has to have some kind of bias voltage for self diagnostics at key on. But I have no confirmation of this. Have the wires been load tested?

  3. NathanG1995New Member#3

    1DW644KZAEF660140 serial, yes ft4. Yes I’ve load tested all three wires as well as removed the valves and with solenoids attached to valves and in service advisor run the harness check and the valves move but throws codes immediately. Machine runs for maybe 3-4 minutes then throws the codes and dies.

  4. NathanG1995New Member#4

    NathanG1995 said: 1DW644KZAEF660140 serial, yes ft4. Yes I’ve load tested all three wires as well as removed the valves and with solenoids attached to valves and in service advisor run the harness check and the valves move but throws codes immediately. Machine runs for maybe 3-4 minutes then throws the codes and dies. Click to expand...

  5. NathanG1995New Member#5

    Also done everything in the diagnostic tree, no cross references with wires in that ECU connection

  6. mg2361Senior Member#6

    Makes me wonder if there is an issue with the driver inside the ECU?

  7. Steve AustinNew Member#7

    Will the engine start right back or do you have to wait for a while if so how long?

  8. NathanG1995New Member#8

    Yes you have to wait maybe 3minns to 5minns tops

  9. Steve AustinNew Member#9

    I had a problem on a 644J where the alternator was overheating. Connect a voltmeter to alternator output terminal an start up all kinds of weird crap starts to happen at around 30 volts. If voltage is good and you performed a good load test on each wire than I have to agree with MG on the ECU driver breaking down. Also make sure the pump harness connectors have a good snug fit on the pins.

Reply