DieselDialogue

928G *6XR00467* forward reverse lever

Started by jett0113 replies

  1. jett01Junior Member#1

    Hello , our 928G with serial # * 6XR00467* has very erratic shifting from forward going to reverse. If machine sits for a while we notice it will start working again however once it does fail ,forward is available but no reverse. We do have 4th forward gear as reverse right now as a temporary means of moving the machine . All trouble points to the lever inside cab. Requesting knowledge on transmission lever identification for ordering proper lever. Toromont Cat says there are 2 different controllers for the 928 G and we do not want to order the wrong lever. I looked for the tag on the transmission but cannot find. I will also post a picture of the lever from inside the cab. thank you for anyone wanting to provide any information .

  2. jett01Junior Member#2

    Control lever from inside Cab

  3. jett01Junior Member#4

    thank you for your reply. I will be checking that out.

  4. NigeLegend#5

    jett01 said: Toromont Cat says there are 2 different controllers for the 928 G and we do not want to order the wrong lever. Click to expand... Please can you ask them for the two Part Numbers. Here's what I see. I think your control is the one on the right based on the photo above. You can confirm by looking at the wiring underneath the control. Only one control has the 2-wire pigtail with the jumper connector.

  5. jett01Junior Member#6

    I think you’re right Nige , when I get a chance, I will pull the controller off and send a picture of it.

  6. jett01Junior Member#7

    2524.00$ for the controller they just quoted me on . I am thinking of searching for aftermarket

  7. jett01Junior Member#8

    201-0211 part number Cat came up with

  8. NigeLegend#9

    jett01 said: I am thinking of searching for aftermarket Click to expand... Something like that you might struggle. It's a bit specialized. However in today's market who knows. jett01 said: 201-0211 part number Cat came up with Click to expand... That's strange. 201-0211 is an upgraded number for the control on the left of my illustrations above, which I don't think looks like yours. If you look on the wiring harness under the control there ought to be a tag taped to it with the Part Number on it. Here's a weird thing. From what I can see it appears as though both type of transmission control update to the one with the handle on the angle which I don't think is the one you have right now,

  9. John C.Super User#10

    I've had trouble with a couple of those machines in the wiring harnesses. Do you have an open or closed cab? I started by testing the wires at the harness connectors using an ohm meter. Look for continuity between multiple wires.You will find one set of wires for range selection and one for direction. One machine I found had cross talk between the wires for the ranges. Basically it was trying to energize two ranges and one direction at the same time. The other machine had harness damage at the back of the cab where the harness hooked to the transmission harness. It just lost two ranges completely. Good Luck

  10. jett01Junior Member#11

    thank you John and Nige and Pittsburgh cat man , I will get back into this diagnosis soon. I’ve been busy repairing washouts, as we had a flood of the century here in Swan River Manitoba a lot of roads and bridges washed out and I had to keep my nose to the grindstone with that . I appreciate all of your wisdom and advice

  11. jett01Junior Member#12

    One of the washouts

  12. Simon CSuper User#13

    jett01 said: One of the washouts Click to expand... Few loads to refill that one, no doubt. Simon C

Reply