DieselDialogue

2004 Case CX130

Started by CDuquette19 replies

  1. CDuquetteNew Member#1

    I have a 2004 Case CX130 that the engine bogs down when using the arm in & out function (More on arm out.) Originally I could dig for about 30-40 minutes then it would all of sudden bog down and even tracking at that point would bog the machine. I changed the hydraulic pump thinking that was the issue and am still having the same issue. Although after changing the pump it was boggy for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden it was perfect for about an hour. Started to bog out again and could barley get it 50m without the engine almost snuffing out. Now I'm at the point where as soon as I fire it up and try to go in and out with no load it bogs it out. I appreciate the help.

  2. uffexJunior Member#2

    Good day I suggest you check out the engine, first be sure you are getting the full revolutions. How many revs do you loose when using the arm, Any smoke when loaded? Has the fuel system had a recent service? Use of the arm uses two pumps, so it is more likely to load the engine. Any error codes showing up? According to my information you have a 4TA390 106HP motor max revs. 2200. Kind regards Uffex

  3. CDuquetteNew Member#3

    Hey, changed the fuel filter on the motor. Was unable at find any in line fuel filter. Water separator was removed from the system before I purchased the machine. No smoke coming from the machine, I'm unable to see what my Rpms read because the dash just shows electrical problem. (Always has.) Filled it with fresh fuel, added conditioner and ATF to the tank. Ran it for an hour and seems to be doing the same thing. Starts out boggy on the stick then goes away after about 15 minutes. Comes back half hour later boggy everywhere except for the swing is boggy at this point. I lift my self up and let the engine rev out I'm good to go for another 5 minutes then same thing over and over. I feel like it's fuel, maybe something in the tank? Also found some cracked wires on top of the motor going to a sensor of some sort. Fan on the engine is currently sucking through the rad instead of blowing out. Starting to question if it shouldn't be blowing out through the rad. Motor isn't overheating though.

  4. uffexJunior Member#4

    Good day Your post is real double trouble. it sounds as though you have some real problems to overcome. I need some information to be able to help some, is the machine with an Isuzu common rail motor? Do you have or can you get the electrical section of the manual with schematics? My experience has been when water finds its way into the fuel system, rarely will a clean tank of fuel repair the damage. Kind regards Uffex

  5. CDuquetteNew Member#5

    Motor is a Cummins. Next step might be purging the fuel system.

  6. Coy LancasterJunior Member#6

    Good day sir have you resolved your issue with your CX130?

  7. Coy LancasterJunior Member#8

    The engine in the CX130 doesn’t have a ECM so therefore the machine computer doesn’t see what the engine is doing other than RPM’s. Which is metered by a sensor in bellhousing. You need to find out what the electrical problem is by key on engine off push and hold the “T” and “W” buttons at the same time. Your check screen will come up which will show pump pressure, negative pressure, rpm’s, water temp and oil temp. Push the auto button once which will bring up diagnostic screen puts the alarm stop button to scroll through to diag4 screen this will show current codes next screen will show stored codes.

  8. Coy LancasterJunior Member#9

    Also check fuel pressure at filter base. I drilled one of the banjo bolts and tapped 5/16 pt to plumb gage into it. Check both inlet and outlet.

  9. Coy LancasterJunior Member#10

    I meant to say 1/8th inch pipe instead of 5/16

  10. N8twnyNew Member#11

    I had similar problem with the Linkbelt 210lx. There is a small elbow at the bottom of the tank on mine that partially plugs, and I have to remove the fuel line and take a piece of wire and get the crap out of it every once in a while

  11. Coy LancasterJunior Member#12

    I N8twny said: I had similar problem with the Linkbelt 210lx. There is a small elbow at the bottom of the tank on mine that partially plugs, and I have to remove the fuel line and take a piece of wire and get the crap out of it every once in a while Click to expand... I've also had the banjo bolts at the fuel strainer stop up.

  12. CDuquetteNew Member#13

    Coy Lancaster said: The engine in the CX130 doesn’t have a ECM so therefore the machine computer doesn’t see what the engine is doing other than RPM’s. Which is metered by a sensor in bellhousing. You need to find out what the electrical problem is by key on engine off push and hold the “T” and “W” buttons at the same time. Your check screen will come up which will show pump pressure, negative pressure, rpm’s, water temp and oil temp. Push the auto button once which will bring up diagnostic screen puts the alarm stop button to scroll through to diag4 screen this will show current codes next screen will show stored codes. Click to expand... Thanks Coy, I discovered the turbo waste gate was seized closed. Got it free and I was able to dig without it bogging out on me. That being said after going through the screen like you had mentioned. I noticed when I first start the machine It's still a little boggy for the first 10-20 minutes. While running it I noticed for the first 10-20 minutes it doesn't show my engine RPM'S. When it does show the Rpms the bog goes away. Thought I had the real bad bog figured out with the waste gate but it seems to be doing it again. I have 2 active codes. One is M00A0- computer reinitialization and M0010- Transistor output short-circuit. Any idea on where to go from here?

  13. Coy LancasterJunior Member#14

    Do you have a service manual? According to my CX210 service manual (which in this area should be the same) in the TR1 window the M0010 means there is a short in the travel mode circuit. You can do a self test by holding the idle button on right joy stick and turning the key on no start the chk6 screen should come up and run diagnostics.

  14. CDuquetteNew Member#15

    Yes. Gives me some things to try but nothing for computer reinitialization.

  15. Coy LancasterJunior Member#16

    CDuquette said: Yes. Gives me some things to try but nothing for computer reinitialization. Click to expand... That shows that the computer has at one time been reinitialized at one time. Check the solenoids valve bank back by the pump, the serv. man. should tell which one is the two speed travel solenoid.

  16. CDuquetteNew Member#17

    Hey Coy, Hoping you can help me out again. I did some diagnostics on the high speed travel. When testing the solenoids by the hydraulic pump two of them arced. I replaced the solenoids but still do not have high speed travel. The mechanic working on it believed the ECU needed to be replaced. I ordered a refurbished ECU and told them what make model and engine was in the machine. I installed the ECU, there is no more "electrical fault" but now the machine won't rev up and I cannot see the RPMs, WT or Oil pressure. I have tried to get the machine to recognize the new ECU but am met with a "E-cont Error". Any idea how to get around this? See picture below for reference. Thanks!

  17. Coy LancasterJunior Member#18

    You will need to set the ECU for your machine. There is a procedure in the service manual under the electrical section. Follow it step by step.

  18. davo727New Member#19

    Interesting. I have a 2007 130 and my screen is blank. I only have one travel speed and oddly I dont know if its in slow or fast as this is the only excavator I have ever used.

  19. Coy LancasterJunior Member#20

    davo727 said: Interesting. I have a 2007 130 and my screen is blank. I only have one travel speed and oddly I dont know if its in slow or fast as this is the only excavator I have ever used. Click to expand... That is interesting what caused it to go blank?

Reply